No concerns for this week
Coat rack (the chairs one)
Clubs for arts and design
Achievements day (the most improved student of the term)
Surahathon (memorisation challenge of the Surahs and duas)
Warm up session at the beginning of the class (suitable for the younger classes)
• Islamic Bake off
Students and teachers bring something. Different competitions. Taste test and rank it to determine a winner. Can take place during break and lunch to avoid disrupting lesson time
• Cycling race/games around playground during lunch
Bring bikes in (FECycle to madressa). Have bike based activities.
• Children in need fundraiser… Islamic relief. Such as baking and sending to charity.
• After Madressa club. Football? Stories of the prophet? It can be run by the teachers
• A whole Madressa assembly where students from all classes can prepare a project and present it
• Arts and crafts day
• Charity week. The Madressa takes part to raise money in various ways. This year FEC raised an astounding £4042.30 #cw2018
• Cycling activities in the playground led by PE co-ordinators
• Every month there should a whole madrasah assembly
• Touched on previously that classes could merge together, maybe older class could get to know the younger class and help them with memorisation and Qaida
• Fun trips which could include going to a theme park, Southend, paintballing etc. Potentially could take place at the end of the madrasah year?
• More debate and discussion like lessons … NO MORE BREXIT
• A variety of different projects like dragons’ den which was done previously. And competitions which could include a prize thus motivating students. When? During Islamic studies sessions maybe relating to what the students are learning
• Older class would like the chance to go offsite for lunch. Maybe a teacher could accompany them?
• Tuck shop at break and lunch which could include chicken and chips (also mentioned by Saturday Shura members).
Last 5 suggestions given by Isra and her class Evelyn Cobbold
• At lunch on the football pitch, younger children such as Piri Reis should be allowed to play with the older class.
• Camping trip at the end of the year which is open to all students and parents
• Ramadanathon which takes place every year
- Longer break times (Nana Asmu) -Depending on the points on how they behave in class they gain more break time. Dojo Points (house points)- helps with controlling behaviour as well.
- Activities to do with a arts and crafts
- Clock outside so everyone knows when break time finishes.
- Tuck shop with healthy snacks etc
- Sports Day
- Cooking day (experiencing how Muslims used to cook back in the days)
- Teacher of the Year Awarded (elected by the students)
- Break time bell
- End of year assembly (awards distributed to students)
- More prayer mats
- Silence Sign outside doors (when classes are praying
- Introduce 5 Rules in each class which they all agree
- Distraction during prayer time (effects other people praying) Taskapruzade
The new student shura are:
Keumalahayati - Zeeshan Majid and Hamna
Nana Asma'u - Danyal Ives and Anisah Begum
Mansa Musa - Liyana Shara and Eesa Siddique
Taskopruzade - Ramsha Mahmood and Ayman Ahmed
-Sports equipment in break times
-More resources like the electric pen
-No concerns for this week
- more sports equipment is arranged for break times, it's already in the process of improvement.
1. Mansa Musa: Electric devices (box in class to put away all the devices in before settling in class).
2. More playgrounds activities
3. Book club in break time
4. Quran club in break time (or different stories from the Quran)
5. Crafts corner in playground
1. behaviour problems, students are being rude teachers and students (kemulahayti)
2. mansa Musa- bringing in toys and taking out at learning- distraction for others. Reminders given in class at the beginning
3. fight in playground due to fortnite: Ban Fortnite? Disagreements on whether we should ban it on its objectives? such as; promotes violence, ethics or morality, upset some children or effected by not winning, it can easily be hacked by other people (health and safety), MOMO threat. (Banned for now unless reason given to usthad hamid why it should be played).
TWO PE coordinates for break time.
FEC Student Shura
We will soon be trialling a dynamic student shura (council). The idea behind this is to get students involved in the decision making, progress, reforms and overall changes in their madrasah. Following is a brief summary of the structure of the student shura (SS):